Real-time replies notification using Twitter Web

posted by Audee Mirza | Saturday, July 25, 2009

Twitter web has been improving its features for better usage. You used to click @your_username at your sidebar to find out who has replied your tweets. But right now you can save your time by making good use of "Real-time results" of Twitter search system. I wanna share this tips to you today, but before that :D, I also want to tell you that Graphic Identity's Twitter background is featured on Twitter Backgrounds Gallery in Brands category. You can give a vote love if you like ;)

Photobucket

Read More

Here is how to get real-time replies notification using Twitter web


I assume you've registered to Twitter, and please do sign up if you haven't.

Once you're logged in, find the search box on the right sidebar and type your username after the "@" character. For an easy example, I'm gonna use this query: @your_username.
Follow me on Twitter


Save the search query by clicking the green button on the top of your tweets updates section.
Follow me on Twitter


Twitter will confirm this and you can also check your Saved Searches section at Twiter web sidebar to make sure that you have saved your search query using your own Twitter username.
Follow me on Twitter


You can remove this saved search later if you don't need it anymore.
Follow me on Twitter

It is so simple and every time you send tweets, Twitter will give real time reply notification, like this:
Follow me on Twitter

I only just click the "Refresh" link (you see I have 4 new replies right there) and there it goes, Twitter web will show the real-time replies of @graphicidentity.
Follow me on Twitter

Keep your window browser active and Twitter will generate numbers of real-time results whenever there are any new updates coming up. Trending Topics seemed having better example to understand how this thing works, as you'll see the number of real-time results keep growing and growing within secs.

I also use Twitter real-time search result to find out how many Twepls who has tweeted my latest blog post. I included my blog post title on my saved searches for this. You can also do the same thing for any search queries to track them just in case you want to get fresh news, trending topics, tweeted conversations, hashtags or to follow your most favorite Twitter mate's latest tweets if you need.

Have fun to explore this new Twitter feature and have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: , , , ,

 


1 Comments:

  • Great tips on twitter search. Another easy way to search for your twitter user name and see how many times you are mentioned is with surchur.com. Try it out - we'd value your opinion ;)

    Monika Lorincz
    http://surchur.com

    By Anonymous Monika Lorincz, At July 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

GraphicRiver.net

Post a Comment

If you like Graphic Identity's articles & our free design box, please drop your comment or subscribe Thank you :)

NOTE:
GraphicIdentity admin will always moderate all comments. We will not publish comments that include irrelevant links with targeted anchor text. Also it will be nice if you mention your name rather than to comment as an anonymous user.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Home<< Home

Newer Posts       Older Posts