Create your own Gmail theme

posted by Audee Mirza | Saturday, August 15, 2009

I've been using "Shiny" theme for months. It is a theme provided in Gmail theme settings, which has glossy Web 2.0 style design in every corner of it. But then I want to see something different, because I always checking my Gmail everytime I'm online, I thought it would be a great idea to create my own Gmail theme in simplified look. I wanted to have custom Gmail theme that has similar color schemes as my Twitter background. A Dark grey-scale theme with soft green color in some parts.

theme design

Wanna try to create something like mine? I'm using the web-safe default color schemes, so all you need is do the same thing as I did on your Gmail theme setting dashboard and save it. If you don't know how to create your own Gmail theme, just read this Gmail Help answer page for a start ;)

Read More

Custom Gmail theme dashboard settings
When you hover on some parts of Gmail section boxes with your mouse, you'll see a tiny button in every corner of each box. Click the tiny arrow so you can see the Color pickers in a drop-down tray.
theme design

Main background
theme design

Frame
theme design

Sidebar frame
theme design

Button bar
theme

Messages
theme design

Box
theme design

Box content
theme design

Selected message
theme design

If you follow this correctly, you'll have a custom Gmail theme like this:
theme design
Click on the image to make it larger!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)



Labels: , , , ,

 


2 Comments:

GraphicRiver.net

Post a Comment

If you like Graphic Identity's articles & our free design box, please drop your comment or subscribe Thank you :)

NOTE:
GraphicIdentity admin will always moderate all comments. We will not publish comments that include irrelevant links with targeted anchor text. Also it will be nice if you mention your name rather than to comment as an anonymous user.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Home<< Home

Newer Posts       Older Posts