Knife tool can be used to slice the object. Learn this carefully as it may be a bit confusing. Always remember that you need to start and end the cutting on the outline of the object.
1. Open Corel Draw. Select Rectangle tool and draw rectangle. Fill it with any color.
2. Selection doesn't affect this tool.
3. Select Knife Tool (marked with green circle in the image below).
6. Drag the tool to the outline at the other end. We finished at the end on the outline which is marked by the yellow circle.
8. The rectangle is sliced into two parts.